Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Little Black Bag

For me thrifting has always been about getting the most for your money, not necessarily about buying peoples old stuff. So if i were to see a deal on new stuff I will take advantage of it. I used to have a subscription to Seventeen magazine and Alloy (remember them) and I would order things in the catalogs that always came in sub-par quality, but they would look good the first time you wore them. Then there were stores like Dots (R.I.P) and Rainbow which sold disposable clothing as I like to refer to it. If I had to purchase something retail to date I would chose Marshalls TJ Maxx or Lohmans (R.I.P.)

But shoes and  accessories have always been hard sell for me because you pay so much for one aspect of your outfit. And thrift stores often have dingy, worn, or broken jewelry (Not Funky Junk and Juju though) so I always find myself shelling out retail cost for purses, jewelry and shoes, until now. 

A coworker of mine introduced me to Little Black Bag. I have to admit, the concept is extremely convoluted and suspect at first but once you get started you will no longer care and get completely hooked. I got my second purchase today from the site and I want to share this experience with you. 

Let me start with this my total was $56 including shipping and all of my items are new. I received the following items:

Not the watch LOL I BOUGHT that.
Chain link necklace          















Sorry these items aren't in the store :(




How does it work?
1. You join. I would recommend asking a friend who is a part of the group for a referral code, like myself. That way you receive 25% off your first order. Just email me and ask for it. There is a $10 fee for joining and that $10 goes towards your purchases and you can skip any month that you don't want to participate within the first 5 days of the month. 
2. You shop. but only during a decent sale. For example, at this moment: You open a bag worth $20 or more and get 6 free accessories or beauty products. This sale ends tomorrow. Sometimes they do all shoes $10 or Power Hour Sales, it is always changing, so you keep wanting to come back. 
3. Trade. Your shopping bag remains open for 6 days during those 6 days people offer you their stuff and you can offer your stuff for other things. You could essentially get free things that you do not pay for. This is where the addiction sets in because you are constantly looking for that hot traded item. 
4. Ship your bag. You can ship your bag at any time but after 6 days it automatically closes and ships. Shipping is factored into your purchases.  

But is it quality? Oh yes! it is right on par with your TJ Maxx and Marshalls quality and a lot of the same brands for Burlington Coat Factory prices without leaving the house. I am talking Report, Steve Madden, Betsey Johnson, Olivia + Joy (personal fave), and more. 

Downside: Sometimes people will try to short change your items. Um, no. You cannot have my Ivanka Trump Bag for two peace sign necklaces. Customer service, they do like to take their time answering your phone calls and questions. Return Policy: With trading returns can be difficult. So know what you are looking for. You aren't getting your money back. 

1 comment: