Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Hangers and labels ain't loyal

Hangers and tags are so deceitful. Ugh, they are always displaying things one way and then when you put it on it is a completely different story. When thrifting, don't even trust them, try it on. I cannot even imagine how many thriftulous finds I have missed out on because I thought that I was too big for something that was actually my size, but the label was abnormal because it was maternity or vintage. Cute is cute, whatever the hell.

As is the story with this number below. I saw it on the hanger, and I thought that it was frumpy, dull, and all around wrong. I could not figure out how to wear it, and I just wanted it gone from the Funky Junk collection. Until here comes this merry little gal who showed me that this dress is one of a kind.
So here is the lesson folks: When thrifting don't believe the hanger, don't rely on the size.  Try it on. She tried it on, she werked it. She bought it. Now you will catch her beating faces out here in this bad vintage piece, you already know where she got it. 





Here is fashion blogger Gabi Greg wearing maternity clothing that is not in her "size." No, she is not pregnant, and nor does she look it. Photos credit to gabifresh.com.



No comments:

Post a Comment